Papers in Israeli professional-legal journals (Hebrew)
- Nir Mualam: “The Power of the Local Planning Authority to Determine the Design of Structures: Towards an Israeli Urban Renaissance?” in Real Property Journal (Israel) 5(5): 12-63. Sept. 2006 (Hebrew).
- Nir Mualam: “Some Thoughts about Paradise Hotel: What is “A Building”? What Mandates a Building Permit? in Real Property Journal (Israel)8(1): 3-23. Jan. 2009 (Hebrew).
- Nir Mualam: “A brave new yellow world? On aesthetic limitations and property rights” in Real Property Journal (Israel)9(2): 1-17. March 2010 (Hebrew).
- Rachelle Alterman (edited and translated by Nir Mualam). “Regulatory Takings of Property: Comparative International Analysis as a Basis for Reform” in Real Property Journal (Israel) 9(5): 3-59. Sept. 2010 (Hebrew). This publication was cited by the Supreme Court in Civil Appeal Request No. 6483/15.
- Nir Mualam: “Agreeing to Build: Owners’ objections during the process of development” in Real Property Journal (Israel)10 (3): 23-53. May 2011 (Hebrew).
- Nir Mualam: “Property or interest in property? Who may initiate a plan under the Israeli Planning and Building Act“ in Real Property Journal (Israel)11(5): 43-60. Sept. 2012 (Hebrew).
- Nir Mualam and Rachelle Alterman: “The cracked building block: Design briefs according to the Israel Planning and Building Law” in Real Property Journal (Israel) 12(4): 17-80. July 2013 (Hebrew). This publication was cited twice by the District Administrative Court (Administrative Appeal (Haifa) No. 7555-06-13, & Admin. Appeal (Haifa) No. 16130-05-14.
- Nir Mualam: “Betterment taxes in Israel: The death of Kanit court decision?” in Real Property Journal (Mekarkeyin)(Israel) 12(4): 17-80. July 2016 (Hebrew).
- Amit Peretz and Nir Mualam: “Private Open Public Spaces in Cities: An Overview, in Real Property Journal (Mekarkeyin)(Israel) 17(2), April 2018 (Hebrew).
Research Reports and other publications
- Nir Mualam: “Debating Historic Preservation in Israel: The Case of Tel Aviv”, 15 Pardes, Zeitschrift der Vereinigung fur Judische Studien (Special Issue: 100th Anniversary to Tel Aviv) 15: 94-120 (2009) (English).
- “Rent Control” an International Comparative Analysis (2014). Prepared for Tel Aviv’s Mayor and CEO. The research is part of a local initiative to introduce Rent Control measures in the City of Tel Aviv-Jaffa. The research has been referred to by the government’s Housing Cabinet (decision of March 2014).
- “Maintenance of private open public spaces (POPS) and tall buildings in Israel”. Report prepared for Tel Aviv’s Planning Department, 2016 (Hebrew).
- Eynat Mendelson & Nir Mualam (2017). Comparing mural art policies and regulations: Devising a new conceptual framework. Street Art & Urban Creativity 3(2): 90-93 (English).
- Nir Mualam, Eyal Salinger, & Sarah Goldberg (2020). Implementing Value Capture in Israel: An Examination of Recent Tools and Policies for Urban Renewal and Earthquake Preparedness. Lincoln Institute of Land Policy Working Paper No. WP20NM1.